On Saturday the 16th of March, we will once again be meeting at Auburn High School to take part in Hawthorn's annual Relay for Life.
Relay For Life is a fun and moving experience that raises vital funds for the Cancer Council’s research, prevention and support services.
Relay is a chance for the community to recognise and celebrate local cancer survivors, those going through a cancer experience and their carers, to honour and remember loved ones lost and to raise money to help save more lives.
Some important information
1. Given this is a charitable event, we will be covering the cost of tickets for volunteers. Just RSVP to this event, and we'll sort out the rest! This is an incredibly important cause, so we encourage you to donate here if you can!
2. You should consider bringing;
- Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and lipbalm
- Comfortable walkinig shoes
- 'All weather' clothing
- A camping/lawn chair
- Some loose change (the BBQs are really good)
3. Unfortunately, this is not a pet-friendly event (Service and Guide Dogs are welcome).
4. Check in begins at 9am, before the Opening Ceremony and walk at 11am.
More event details can be found here.