Kooyong voters made a historic choice at the 2022 Federal Election; they voted in an independent MP for the first time in Kooyong's history.
It's an honour and a privilege to serve the people of Kooyong in Parliament, and I'm proud of what we've been able to deliver so far. Here's some of what we've achieved together:
- We've legislated Australia's first-ever National Anti-Corruption Commission.
- We've worked with the government and crossbench to deliver the Climate Change Act 2022, including legislating 2030 and 2050 emissions reduction targets for the first time in Australia's history.
- We've raised awareness in Parliament of the devastating effects of seismic testing in Australian waters, of fossil fuel developments like Middle Arm, and of the devasting effects of native forest logging. I've made contributions to the Safeguard Mechanism legislation and will be working in 2023 on various aspects of the EPBC Act.
- I've worked to achieve an independent review of the cost neutrality model legislated in the Respect At Work Bill.
- I've provided strong advocacy for refugees and asylum seekers, leading to the effective abolition of TPVs and SHEVs for thousands of refugees.
- I've led the way in strong advocacy for transparency around COVID management and health care delivery.
- I've held the government to account on COVID management and health care delivery.
- I've applied continual pressure on the Government to improve its treatment of whistleblowers and to advocate for Julian Assange.